Discharge Instructions – Colonoscopy
Please note that within 24 hours of having your procedure you must not:
- Drive a car
- Operate machinery
- Drink alcohol
- Undertake responsible business or sign documents
- To have some abdominal bloating, cramping pain or "wind" after this procedure. This sensation is normal, is due to the air put into your bowel during the procedure, and should settle gradually as you are able to pass wind.
Please make an appointment to see Dr Simpson in the rooms in________weeks.
Notify the rooms on (02) 4367 6444 if you:
- Experience a fever or are becoming generally unwell
- Begin bleeding from the anus, either bright, dark or blackish blood, unless the bleeding is trivial in amount
- Have pain that doesn’t continue to settle
- Experience increasing abdominal pain, especially if associated with local tenderness
- Experience any symptoms that you feel are not normal