Direct Booking Colonoscopy
DIRECT BOOKING COLONOSCOPY or FAST TRACK COLONOSCOPY
Direct booking colonoscopy is arranged at one of the private hospitals. The surgeon will conduct
your initial consult and colonoscopy on the same day.
Direct booking colonoscopy is only available for patients with private health insurance.
Who is suitable for a direct booking colonoscopy?
- If you have been referred for surveillance colonoscopy, following positive faecal occult blood
tests (FOBT) or due to family history you may be suitable for a direct booking colonoscopy.
- Your referring doctor may indicate if you are suitable for a direct booking colonoscopy.
What do you need to do?
- Email or fax your referral to this office.
- The surgeon will review your referral and advise if you are suitable for a direct booking.
- You will be contacted by one of the office staff to arrange a suitable date and your paperwork
will be mailed out.